Friday, November 7, 2008

Whats On My Mind

Among the million and one things that fly quickly through my mind I am consumed about the ironic event that occured to me yesterday. The vehicle I drive has had its ups and downs since I have owned it, but I didn't ever think that this would happen. Power windows are a great feature that almost every single car, truck or suv have these days. I am sure that owners of their vehicles never think of what happened to me, I know I didn't. As I started my car I rolled my driver side window down with the ease of a button, little did I know the window was not going to go back up. It couldn't have happened on a damper day. The rain came down all day long, didn't stop once. Let me tell you that driving seventy-five up route three in cold rainy weather is no fun whatsoever. That is what has been plaguing my mind and also whether the problem is a motor or a switch, either way it will cost money that I don't have. So yeah, Boo Hoo, I'm bitching about it, at least I am not complaining about who is taking over the Presidency!

10 comments:

biscotti dana said...

Whatever it is, I hope it's the cheaper of the two things to get it fixed. Sorry to hear about your problem with your window.

Anonymous said...

Haha, touche. Sorry about that window thing Mike :(.

Perfectionist World said...

Aw, poor you. I'm glad you didn't get sick? or did you?

Here is my bad day story, the day after Thanksgiving, I was at my boyfriend's house in Worcester, MA, getting ready to go to work. It was early in the morning and little did I know, my car wouldn't start. I tried and tried to start the car for about half of an hour before I gave up. I had to take my bf's car to work and of course, I was late to work. However, later in the day, my bf called and said the car could start again. Phew... I hope your window will just work again, somehow.

Happy December!

Cassandra Lee said...

Ahhh cars. The evil necessity. Bummer on the window. I had mine kicked in a few years ago (the back drivers side)... talk about a huge glassy mess ... followed by a stylish black trash bag taped into the gaping hole for a good 3 weeks. Thatttt was a soggy summer. Hope your window gets fized with little $$!!!

Tanya Darling said...

I'm sorry about your unexpected car expense. I recently racked one up myself. Tuesday morning, as I backed out of my driveway, I sideswiped my husband's SUV., denting the passenger-side door. It was one of those things you ask if this is a dream, because you can't believe you actually did it. Now I have to pay in time and money. What a way to start the holidays. Thanks for giving me a chance to bitch!

Ashlee said...

Aw, that stinks! Speaking of random things happening to the car...I got in the car this morning and some random ! light is on?? I said what the hell does ! mean? LOL

Anna Gdanian said...

Mike! That is a sad story! I must say however that as I was reading, I thought something terribly awful was going to be at the end of it. or maybe that somehow others have power windows that maybe your car didn't and that saved your life in some way. I was glad to hear that it was just the window wouldn't go back up. You scared me at first! Did you ever get it fixed?

Andy said...

ooooh, rough dude, that happened to my dad's car a while back. If I remember correctly, it ended up just being a motor issue, but it too forever to get it fixed. (But that's just because we're slackers, lol.) We actually had to bring it somewhere just so they could put the window back up so we wouldn't like, freeze to death, and then had to bring it back later to fix it. Best of luck though, if you haven't had it fixed yet, I hope you do soon!

Lindsey said...

When things are powered, digital or in anyway a modern day convenience, it makes it even more inconvenient when they break plus more expensive! Just put a plastic bag over the window & you'll be fine... hehe.

brendongreeley said...

that stinks, the passenger side door on my truck only goes up when the drivers side door is open, if thats any consolation. Often times its corrosion on the switchpack, so you can just take the actual button out, and file the two metal points to establish a better connection. I would give that a try. good luck man.